Failed to refresh salve bind

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed May 15 20:18:51 UTC 2002

In article <abudrt$33ua$1 at isrv4.isc.org>, harelig <hareligg at yahoo.com> wrote:
>I've installed 2 server with bind 9.2.0, master and slave.
>When I start the salve server it get the zone files from the master
>with no problem, but when I make changes in the master zone file,
>restart it and then restart the slave, the salve do not ask for
>updates as it use to in 8.2.3

Do you remember to update the serial number?

You don't have an NS record listing the secondary server, so it won't send
a NOTIFY message to the slave when it updates.  Since the Refresh time is
set to 3 hours, it may take that long for the slave to notice that the
domain has changed.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA