new DNS server

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Wed May 15 16:18:52 UTC 2002

% unconnected to my previous post, at another location i'm to install a
% new externally accessible primary for about 75 domains.
%
% it has been suggested we use djbdns not bind. the platform is solaris sparc.
% any thoughts on this?
%
% ta
%
% --
% u n d e r a c h i e v e r
%

	as long as you don't want to take advantage of things like TSIG
	or other new features and you don't mind dealing with multiple
	implementations of DNS code.  djbdns does have some nice points,
	but so do MicrosoftNS, NSD, UltraDNS et.al. Bind has its warts, but
	so do most packages.

--
--bill