Authoritative Nameserver for Domain

dbotham at edeltacom.com dbotham at edeltacom.com
Tue May 14 16:21:32 UTC 2002

Darryl,

Here is a Whois lookup for your domain.  Is this you or your organization?

Domain vccaps.com

  Date Registered: 2/18/2002
    Date Modified: 4/19/2002
      Expiry Date: 2/19/2003
             DNS1: dns1.vccaps.com
             DNS2: opal.nbnet.nb.ca

  Registrant

                   Pauline Fournier
                   Pauline Fournier
                   55 Highway 312, P.O. Box 53
                   Englishtown
                   NS
                   B0C 1H0
                   CA

  Administrative Contact

                   Pauline Fournier
                   Pauline Fournier
                   55 Highway 312, P.O. Box 53
                   Englishtown, NS (CA)
                   B0C 1H0

                   9029292851
                   9022952601
                   pfournier at hotmail.com

  Technical Contact

                   Tom Wilson
                   Victoria County CAP Sites Association
                   10 Jersey Cove Road,
                   Jersey Cove, NS (CA)
                   B0C 1H0

                   902-295-3664
                   9022952601
                   tom.wilson at countyvictoria.ns.ca

  Billing Contact

                   Pauline Fournier
                   Pauline Fournier
                   55 Highway 312, P.O. Box 53
                   Englishtown
                   NS
                   CA
                   B0C 1H0

                   9029292851
                   9022952601
                   pfournier at hotmail.com

        Registrar: NameScout.com

|         |           "Darryl Bach"    |
|         |           <southend at ns.symp|
|         |           atico.ca>        |
|         |           bind-users-bounce|
|         |           @isc.org         |
|         |           05/14/2002 08:08 |
  |       To:       comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Authoritative Nameserver for Domain                                                                          |

Hello All:
I am trying to determine if we have been granted authority to answer DNS
requests as the primary nameserver on our domain.  I have named running and
have entered all the appropriate information in /etc/namedb, (zone files,
named.conf etc).  What's the best way to determine if we are not only the
primary nameserver for our domain, (vccaps.com) but have been granted
authoritative rights on our static IP to answer DNS requests, (I'm probably
wording this terribly, new to this).  I did a dig using Sam Spade but
didn't
have a clue at what I was looking at.
Thank you to anyone that might respond.
Darryl Bach