Include in named.conf file?

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon May 6 18:52:11 UTC 2002

In article <ab67h1$5p6g$1 at isrv4.isc.org>,
Johnny Damtoft <johnny at damtoft.dk> wrote:
>Is it posible to have a folder /etc/namedb/includes/ that contains several
>"include" files, just like Apache WebServer is able to do so...
>
>You can add a new include file in that dir and just reload the BIND process,
>and not have to edit the named.conf file.

The named.conf file needs to have "include" statements telling it to
incorpoate those files.  There's no way to make it include everything in a
directory automatically.

It should be simple to write a script that lists all the files in the
/etc/namedb/includes directory and puts appropriate "include" statements
into your named.conf file.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA