How do you do this ??

dbotham at edeltacom.com dbotham at edeltacom.com
Thu Jun 27 17:13:59 UTC 2002

You may want to consider upgrading to bind 9.2.1, as there are known
vulnerabilities in 9.2

Dave...

|         |           "Jester"         |
|         |           <admin at invalid.co|
|         |           m>               |
|         |           bind-users-bounce|
|         |           @isc.org         |
|         |           06/27/2002 09:54 |
  |       To:       comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  How do you do this ??                                                                                        |

Hello

I have recently updated to Bind 9.2 from 8.2.* & am still trying to get my
head around the differences in logging. I have been able to get it going to
the point of getting my domain & sub domains out there progating accross
other name servers but i am not happy with the detail of the logging. I
have
been trying to firstly see logs of my secondaries nameservers IP range
being
seen when updating from my primary DNS server but now don't. Plus i am
wanting to log any type of security instances that may be occuring.

I used to see when  an axfr query was made on my machine,people trying to
use my domain to resolve other doamins etc etc. Also i had in options a
version option that stopped the version of bind being shown. It now doesn't
like it any longer. Where can i get good online info on setting up this
file
for version 9.2??

I am wanting to get this going again.

I have been messing with my named.conf file & now when trying to start it i
am getting errors

The file below is my old named.conf running on my Bind version 8 What would
i be changing to get it right under 9 ??

acl internal{
        192.168.0.0/24;
};
acl easydns.com{
        205.210.42.0/24;
        216.220.40.240/28;
        64.39.29.212/32;
        212.100.224.80/32;
};
options {
        directory "/var/named";
        allow-transfer{
                easydns.com;
                127.0.0.1;
        };
        version "Sorry Not Today";
};
logging{
        channel my_syslog{
                file "/var/log/named.log" versions 3 size 5m;
                severity debug;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;
                print-time yes;