Bind9.2.1 on WIN2K

Bjorn Johansson bjorn-bind at loud-n-clear.net
Wed Jun 5 18:28:48 UTC 2002

Hi Danny,

I have seen that you forwarded the error report.

If the events in the event log are erroneous, how come Bind just closes
down?

This happens every few hours.

The last lines in the event log are as follows:
accept: too many open file descriptors
socket: too many open file descriptors
socket.c:2220: fatal error:
select() failed: Socket operation on non-socket
exiting (due to fatal error in library)

The system has been running for quite a while prior to the 'upgrade' to
Bind9.2.1. Previously we where running Bind8.2.x.

There are other things running on the machine, such as web server etc.

The name server running on the machine in question, is one of our least
used name servers, hence it was the first to be 'upgraded'.

Regards,
Bjorn

In message <4.3.1.2.20020602095219.00e03ea0 at pop.gis.net>, Danny Mayer
<mayer at gis.net> writes