Sub domain in bind8

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Tue Jun 4 07:10:13 UTC 2002

Benno <bfi at benno.dk_nospam> wrote:
> Hi there

> I'm just started to use bind 8.2.4 (formerly nt dns) on suse 8.0 because off
> some feature i need (zone forward)

I suggest the following :

- get "the book" ( managing dns and bind, 4-th ed, read and understand.
- use "vi" ( or your favorite editor ) to create the understanding
  of bind's behaviourand response to various configuration.
- stop using nslookup, learn dig

when the above is done, have a look at webmin, study the
interaction between the menues and what happens with named.conf etc.

--
Peter Håkanson