ZoneEdit - Mail Backup Help

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 27 17:54:12 UTC 2002

Lucas Tam wrote:

> .... while talking to mx2.zoneedit.com.:
> <<< 554 <tester at domain.com>: Relay access denied
> 554 <tester at domain.com>... Service unavailable
>
> Anyone know why mx2.zoneedit.com would reply "Relay Access denied?". .

Probably they haven't enabled it, or you got the wrong relay
server, but without knowing what zone we can't really help.

I'd take the extra MX record out (a broken relay is worse than
no relay, as mail should stay queued if no relay exists, but if
a relay exists and bounces mail, it stays bounced), and place a
support call, or reread any documentation you have.