stopping update denied mesgs.

MegaNet DomainReg domainreg at meganet.net
Fri Jul 19 15:45:51 UTC 2002

"update denied" messages are filling up my log. This is mostly from windows
machines. I want to be able to stop seeing these messages in the log file.
I'm sure there is several ways to do this one is changing the MNAME to
localhost.

I was thinking of stopping these updates at the core router, instead of
changing the MNAME, what port numbers to these updates come in on and is it
udp and tcp.

Also are these the same ports secondary and primary servers use to exchange
updates?

How would I be able to send all update denied info to null?

Im using bind 9

Thanks,