random for solaris

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 09:09:40 UTC 2002

Steve Foster wrote:

> hope this helps somebody..

With 2.8 jumpstart, I recall that OpenSSH would run out of
entrophy sometimes (funny there is usually enough disorder in my
solaris installs). Tips welcome on that point.

I didn't run rndc-confgen, but rather use the sames key on all
boxes in a Jumpstart, just in case we ever wanted to allow
remote control, it shouldn't be a security issue whilst it only
listens to 127.0.0.1 for the control channel, and is used like
ndc.

No doubt privilege separation will require the OpenSSH install
script to be changed next time.