?? couldn't add command channel 127.0.0.1#953: file not found ??

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Tue Jan 29 19:30:49 UTC 2002

BugBuster <da_bug at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi!

> I hope anybody knows something about this message and can help me...
> I'm using a BIND 9.2.0 src-installation.
> My named.conf:

> options {
>         directory "/var/named";
>         pid-file "/var/run/named.pid";
> };

> zone "." {
>         type hint;
>         file "named.root";
> };

> As you see it's quite short and simple, so I am nearly sure this is no
> configuration-Problem... I found this problem in other posts but I
> didn't find a solution.
> (The nameserver works for this minimal configuration - I can do
> something like "host www.kernel.org")

> But I still don't understand this error and want to get rid of it:
> ---
> named[1094]: couldn't add command channel 127.0.0.1#953: file not
> found
> ---

See the manual about rndc ( and rndc-confgen ) how to do this.

If your vendor only shipped parts of the product you can read it
at "http://www.ipsec.nu/dns/bind9/Bv9ARM.ch03.html#AEN371" go
down to section "3.4.1.2. Administrative Tools"

> Before I solved the problem with the missing rncd.key just by creating
> a /etc/rndc.key-file with nothing in it (I think if I don't need this
> encryption-stuff I can do it like this?)
> (I'm not sure if this is related to the other error but perhaps it
> helps..)

It's even simpler to do it "The Right Way". Read, and excersize!

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)