TruCluster and Bind9

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Sat Jan 26 00:36:05 UTC 2002

Alaa Alamood wrote:

> Hi
>
> I spend all my last night tring to find out is there is any hint or
> solution for the following problem I got yesterday after I update my
> server from bind8 to bind 9
>
> I have truCluster version 5.1a which runnig bind 8 as a default, the
> cluster contain 2 nodes, each of which with two ip address and both have
> one ip address as alias, which normally I used,
>
> cluseter1->1.2.3.4 |
>                ->2.3.4.5 |
>                               |  myServer 10.0.0.1 (which alias ip
> address for my cluster system)
>                               |------->
> cluster2->5.6.7.8  |
>               ->6.7.8.9 |
>
> in bind 8 its just working fine, ip can use 10.0.0.1 as my master server
> and I can nslookup from any where in my internal network using this ip
> address
>
> but in bind 9 if I installet in cluster1 then I can just using cluseter1
> as bind server when I try to use the alias of the server it say can't
> connect to server
>
> nslookup myclient cluster1->ok
> nslookup myclient myServer -> no answer
>
> any one can help with this problem

Did you start the nameserver before bringing up the cluster address? If so,
then named wouldn't know about the cluster address immediately and
therefore wouldn't listen on it. It only checks for new interfaces every so
often (controlled by the "interface-interval" option). One way to force it
to check for new interfaces is to reload the nameserver. Did you try doing
that after the cluster address was brought up?

- Kevin