search path

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Sat Jan 12 00:02:03 UTC 2002

Chris Hurt wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> I've got a primary running 4.8.3 and several secondaries running 8.2.3 -
> Is there any way to add another domain (for which I have no control) to
> my default search path (thereby obviating the need to include this other
> domain in my clients resolv.conf search directive)?

There's always a way (you could hack the code, for instance), but you
really *shouldn't* be trying to do this in the server. The "domain
search" function belongs in the client, if anywhere. Some of us would argue
that it doesn't even belong in clients, i.e. that fully-qualified names
should be used for everything.

- Kevin