Old zones work, new ones don't

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Jan 9 13:24:30 UTC 2002

What does syslog tell you about these zones?  If you are running these
zones as slaves to a master elsewhere, you may find that it is unable
to transfer the zones from the master. You need to check that the
master is allowing your server to transfer the zones. SERVFAIL usually
happens on a slave zone because the server has been unable to get
updated zone information from the master within the expire period
specified in the SOA record.

         Danny