caching name server in Bind 9 behind Linksys gateway.

Mark Damrose mdamrose at elgin.cc.il.us
Sat Jan 5 16:29:05 UTC 2002

BIND is by default a caching name server - unless you add recursion no;
allow-recursion { ip list;}; or allow-query { ip list;}; to restrict it.

What problems are you having?  Without only minimal information about your
setup, I can only make wild guesses - here are 2:

Are you running the kernel level firewall on linux and don't have tcp/udp
ports 53 open?
Did you configure the clients correctly to query this server?

news:a15u5t$25c at pub3.rc.vix.com...