Is this possible

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 11 11:09:17 UTC 2002

Tim Boring wrote:

> Is it possible to setup bind to handle all requests for my lan then refer
> to the roadrunner dns servers for any requests it doesn't know about?

Yes you want to forward requests, see also "forward first/only".

That your internal domain isn't registered isn't a problem,
unless you have decided to name you local machines something
like "mypc.net", where your .net overrides the existing ".net".

> I don't really need dns at home; I just want to learn more about how it
> works.

I feel the same way. I allocate IP addresses using DHCP and DDNS
for 3 PC's + server ;)