how to identify DNS request source?

Hostmaster bind at stalberg.net
Thu Aug 8 20:49:47 UTC 2002

My named-auth log shows repetitive requests (every 5 minutes) from an
IP address for both a forward and inverse record. We are not approving
the request and it is merely loading our name server and growing our log
file. I am unable to determine the source of this request. nslookup yields
no information. Using Arin I have been able to find out who owns the IP
address block which includes the requestor's IP address. How can we
find out who and what the offending culprit is? BTW we are not
running dynamic or cahced name servers. Any advice would be most
appreciated.