Dynamic ip nsupdate

Raul Sanchez Sanchez raul at dif.um.es
Thu Aug 8 18:23:11 UTC 2002

Hi:

I'm trying to have an dynamic zone with my bind and i'm having problems.

I have installed bind 8.3.3 from apt in a woody and when i try to update
whith nsupdate i have this message:

# /usr/bin/nsupdate -v -k /etc/Kgnudip-key.+157+00000.private
> update add prueba.ade.com. 60  A 192.168.2.1

dns_request_createvia: address family not supported

i suppose that this would create an entry in my dns to prueba.ade.com
with 192.168.2.1 ip, isn't it?

i don't know where is the problem, can anybody help me?

thank you very much

Here is my configuration:

named.conf
----------------
// This is the primary configuration file for the BIND DNS server named.
//
// Please read /usr/share/doc/bind/README.Debian for information on the
// structure of BIND configuration files in Debian for BIND versions
8.2.1
// and later, *BEFORE* you customize this configuration file.
//

options {
        directory "/var/cache/bind";

        // If there is a firewall between you and nameservers you want
        // to talk to, you might need to uncomment the query-source
        // directive below.  Previous versions of BIND always asked
        // questions using port 53, but BIND 8.1 and later use an
unprivileged
        // port by default.

        // query-source address * port 53;

        // If your ISP provided one or more IP addresses for stable
        // nameservers, you probably want to use them as forwarders.
        // Uncomment the following block, and insert the addresses
replacing
        // the all-0's placeholder.

        // forwarders {
        //      0.0.0.0;
        // };
};

// reduce log verbosity on issues outside our control
logging {
        category lame-servers { null; };
        category cname { null; };
};

// prime the server with knowledge of the root servers
zone "." {
        type hint;
        file "/etc/bind/db.root";
};

// be authoritative for the localhost forward and reverse zones, and for
// broadcast zones as per RFC 1912

zone "localhost" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.local";
};

zone "127.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.127";
};

zone "0.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.0";
};

zone "255.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.255";
};

// add entries for other zones below here

zone "ade.com" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.ade";
        allow-update { localhost; };
};

zone "236.98.35.10.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.236.98.35.10";
};

// include definition of GnuDIP update key
include "/etc/bind/gnudip-keyfile";

// define GnuDIP dynamic DNS zone
zone "dyn.you.net" in {
  type master;
  file "/etc/bind/run/zone-dyn.you.net";
  allow-query { any; };
  allow-update { key gnudip-key; };
};

db.ade.com
;
; BIND data file for yourdomain.com
;
@       IN      SOA     ade.com. root.ade.com. (
                              1         ; Serial
                         604800         ; Refresh
                          86400         ; Retry
                        2419200         ; Expire
                         604800 )       ; Default TTL

        IN      NS      dns.ade.com.
        IN      MX      10      correo.ade.com.

filemon   IN    A       10.35.98.236
correo    IN    CNAME   filemon
bugzilla  IN    CNAME   filemon
dns       IN    CNAME   filemon
gnudip-keyfile
key gnudip-key {
  algorithm hmac-md5;
  // the TSIG key generated by nsupdate
  secret "raulYq7bsvUwm+rSvdJj5w==";
};
 zone-dyn.you.net
$TTL 86400 ; default TTL (1 day)
@          IN SOA   ns.you.net. root.you.net. (
                      0       ; serial
                      3600    ; refresh (1 hour)
                      1800    ; retry (30 minutes)
                      604800  ; expire (1 week)
                      0       ; TTL for NACK-s (0 seconds)
                    )
           IN NS    ns.you.net.
           IN CNAME prueba.ade.com.

Raul Sanchez Sanchez             raul at dif.um.es
Centro de Calculo
Facultad de Informatica    Tlf: +34 968 36 4827
Universidad de Murcia      Fax: +34 968 36 4151

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: Esta parte del mensaje esta firmada digitalmente