MX Records.

Pete Ehlke pde at ehlke.net
Fri Aug 2 14:48:13 UTC 2002

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 09:38:24AM -0500, Lu!s Croker wrote:

>    hp.com

Including Answer, Authority, and Additional sections, the response to an
mx query for hp.com is 799 bytes. This causes a TCP retry on systems
that do not support EDNS0, which include yours.

First, upgrade. You are running a horribly outdated and vulnerable
version of BIND.

Second, adjust your firewall rules to allow TCP queries and responses to
your name server. Both TCP and UDP are required for the proper
functioning of a name server.

-Pete