v9.2.1 unable to resolve a domain

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Tue Aug 13 17:41:26 UTC 2002

% I run a fairly low volume DNS server for my customers, and to my knowledge
% I haven't had a resolving problem to date.
%
% Now I find that my server times out, "no server could be reached".
% Where other DNS servers *can* resolve this address.
%
%  www.houseoftools.com
%
% Can someone offer a reason why I can't resolve the above?
%
% I can dig & nslookup any other domain name immagineable except the above.
% --
% Jim Pazarena     mailto:paz at ccstores.com

'prhaps because there is no "A" record for that lable?
(anal server)
$ dig www.houseoftools.com @dot.ep.net

; <<>> DiG 9.3.0s20020722 <<>> www.houseoftools.com @dot.ep.net
;; global options:  printcmd
(tolerant server)
$ dig www.houseoftools.com

; <<>> DiG 9.3.0s20020722 <<>> www.houseoftools.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 6, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.houseoftools.com.          IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.houseoftools.com.   7031    IN      CNAME   secure.mbasemarket.com.
secure.mbasemarket.com. 1631    IN      CNAME   kokomos.mbase.com.
kokomos.mbase.com.      14231   IN      A       139.142.191.68

	This type of configuration is discouraged.

--
--bill