Bind + mysql

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Sep 24 15:10:30 UTC 2001

BIND 9 has some "sdb" functionality which supposedly allows the use of
alternative backends.

However, if all you want to do is update a nameserver without modifying text
files, you might want to take a look at Dynamic Update instead (RFC 2136, the
man page for "nsupdate", the documentation of the Net::DNS Perl module, etc.)
Setting up and maintaining mysql may be overkill for your requirements.

- Kevin