CNAME RRs

Thu Sep 20 17:09:21 UTC 2001

hello,

 i would like to ask according to DNS glossary founded on Men&Mice web site
about CNAME RRs. The CNAME RR according to RFC1035 can not share owner name
with any other RR. But, this time I have found following statement:

--- CUT ---
A domain name that has a CNAME record can't have any children. So if
glossary.example.com has a CNAME record, Then jobs.glossary.example.com is
improper.

 ??? it is true? If yes, according to what?

 on the other hand, is multiple CNAME RR with same owner (alias) name
"officialy" permited (for may be load balancing issues). I know, that the
newer version of bind name server have a special switch to allow this, but i
can not found any RFC and/or other document on the net, where this is
clarificated.

 thanks a lot

rwi