h2n tool

Rahul Parasnis rparasnis at clj.co.jp
Thu Oct 18 09:31:24 UTC 2001

Hello ,

I am first time trying this tool with Bind 8.2.2p5 on Solaris 8 .

I can this first time without any proablems.
Manual says " Each time h2n is run, it generates the DNS files from scratch.
Any changes you manually made to the DNS files are lost. "

WHen I restart the bind Server woth -HUP signal , I got
" No default TTL set using SOA minimum instead" messages

simply because $TTL 1D is not there in each db.* file .

Now I added that mnually then it was fine .

Now when I run the h2n again
h2n -f /applis/list/bind/config/options.dns
Improper format SOA in db.clj.
I give up ... sorry.

Am I am doing something wrong ?
that means I have to delete this first line then run h2n and again insert
this line  .

Secondly I can not use multiple -d options .

can anybody tell me what is the right way to use tool ?

Or if anybody has different tool then please let me know ?
Thanks a lot
- Rahul

This e-mail contains confidential information or information belonging to
Credit Lyonnais and is intended solely for the addressees.
The unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination or copying of this e-mail,
or any information it contains, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be guaranteed.
Credit Lyonnais shall not be liable for this e-mail if modified or falsified.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it
immediately from your system and notify the sender of the wrong delivery
and the mail deletion.