logging question

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Oct 18 03:16:30 UTC 2001

> At 02:36 PM 10/16/01, Christopher L. Barnard wrote:
>
> >This is driving me crazy.  There has *got* to be a way to get my master ser
ver
> >to log xfer-out.  The only suggestion I got from my initial query yesterday
> >was to upgrade to an rc version.  I like to be cutting edge, but not _that_
> >cutting edge. ;^)  This worked originally with 9.1.3, so I think it should
> >work...

	9.1.3 will only log errors.  If you want to actually see
	the transfers w/o running at debug 6 you need to change
	the code to raise the messages from debug level.  Look
	in bin/named/xfrout.c.

	The rc's are actually *more* stable than 9.1.3, 9.1.3
	contains bugs which are already fixed in 9.2.0rc#.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org