why bind 9 not suported by using gcc to compile in Solaris

Brian Salomaki brian at gambitdesign.com
Tue Oct 16 19:00:35 UTC 2001

I don't have a whole lot of experience with this, but I'd assume it's not
supported because it doesn't work.  If gcc on that platform were implemented
properly, then the program would probably be supported and compile correctly.
 I've heard some stories where people have successfully compiled using gcc,
but you should most likely just use the compiler provided with solaris.

--
Brian Salomaki
Gambit Design Internet Services