strange behaviour with authority nameservers

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Oct 10 17:34:51 UTC 2001

In article <9q1vtb$n6n at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
darcy w. christ <darcy at elegant.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>  i've been experiencing some problems with one of the subdomains i
>manage.  The domain is elegant.com and it's nameservers are, in order:
>
>  ns.elegant.com
>  ns.uunet.ca
>  ns2.uunet.ca
>
>The problem is with the subdomain www.elegant.com.

If you'd done a google search you probably could have found your answer, as
this comes up every few weeks.  You need to send a Delete Host request to
Network Solutions to get this host object removed:

% whois -h whois.networksolutions.com host www.elegant.com
The Data in Network Solutions' WHOIS database is provided by Network
Solutions for information purposes, and to assist persons in obtaining
information about or related to a domain name registration record.
Network Solutions does not guarantee its accuracy.  By submitting a
WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this Data only for lawful
purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this Data to:
(1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail
(spam); or  (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
that apply to Network Solutions (or its systems).  Network Solutions
reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.  By submitting
this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

[No name] (WWW13790-HST)

   Hostname: WWW.ELEGANT.COM
   Address: 198.133.33.130
   System: ? running ?

   Record last updated on 28-Nov-2000.
   Database last updated on 10-Oct-2001 03:43:00 EDT.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA