ext2fs

Gustavo Castro Puig gcastro at ifxnw.com.uy
Thu Oct 4 14:09:52 UTC 2001

Will:

	I'm currently using ReiserFS Version 3.5.23 in our primary DNS
since some months ago, and it's working fine.
The benefits are: more speed, security and short failure recovery time.
On the other hand, reiserfs in kernel 2.4 (until 2.4.7) have some problems
with chipsets VIA, but if you upgrade it, the trouble dissapear.
Personally, in my own server I have a kernel 2.4.4 running in a VIA
motherboard, and I,ve never seen any troubles, but I know the trouble
exists because some partners had it with their own servers. May be a
matter of luck...
The reiserfsck is faster because the journaling, but this takes almost 30
Mb. in a 20 Gb. filesystem for it (it doesn't matter if disk space is not
your problem...).
	I recommend it.

Saludos,
	Gustavo Castro Puig.
	Administrador de red - Network Administrator.
	E-Mail:gcastro at ifxnw.com.uy  ICQ:126398056 AIM:gcastrop2001
	2001 - IFX Networks - MULTIRED
	Mercedes 1398 esq. Germán Barbato
	Tel. (598-2) 908 29 30 // Fax. (598-2) 900 03 14
	http://www.ifxnetworks.com
	Montevideo - Uruguay