Changing MX IP Address?

Joe Kattner joe.kattner at adelphiacom.com
Thu May 10 17:49:59 UTC 2001

Dan,

You can reduce the TTL for the host(s) moving, lowering it as the move date
approaches. That way, the cached data that is propagated will expire more
quickly, and force more queries to the authoritative name servers. Once
moved, then you raise the TTL back to what you normally use.

Do you have a secondary mail server to use, and perhaps set up before moving
the primary?

--Joe