Cable modem win2k or linux or solaris or bsd or playstation

SERVERTROUBLE servertrouble at ureach.com
Tue May 8 23:25:25 UTC 2001

Hello good people, Can someone tell me how I can route 5
diffrent domain names i.e (www.domain.com) to one static IP
addresse and have the server automaticaly know wich website the
person is looking for. To be mosre specific I have a time
warner cable connection and i currently have 5 websites that i
host with other companies I want to transfer those sites to my
local server here and host them myself. The problem is i only
have one IP and 5 websites. I can run just about any Operating
system on the server linux to windows 200 server. What do i
need to do?  Can a server be a dns server and a webserver at
the same time if each site is only seeing about 20 hits a day.
My current hosting company domain valet gives members free
accounts and they let you use your own domain name registered
with internic. How do they do this without giving away free
IP's i know those websites are on the same machine but how do
they route them with just the domain name? is it at the
webserver level? are there indentifiers in a tcp/ip packet that
tells a node the domain name.  Any help would be greatly
apreciated as you can see i am frustrated to the point of
insanity.