separate static and ddns host files

Denis Barbet barbet at lyon.cemagref.fr
Thu May 3 18:31:41 UTC 2001

Bonjour,

I have read the bind archives to find solutions to  mix static and dynamic
range ip .

I have found several answers  (especially from Bob Vance , thanks to him) ,
where the way is to use the zone  "dynamic.in-addr.arpa".

But i am not sure to understand exactly well this way, and second part  i
am not exactly sure to make the right modifications in the right files...

So anybody could answer to me about the followings    ? :

-  HOw finally can i have  four differents host files by this way  (two
"host  static" and two "host dynamic") ?

- Should i add a reverse zone in the
named.conf  with  "dynamic.in-addr.arpa"  or not ?

- Should i add a $include statement in the normal host file to
precise  dynamic updating. And where should i place this include  statmeent
in the host file ?
- What  should be the contents of this include file ?

-  In which file  should i write the $generate statement for dynamic range :
$generate 230-240 $ CNAME $.113.221.195.dynamic.in-addr.arpa            ?
(if the dynamic ip range is 230-240)

In fact i don't want to create new zone for dynamic ip ranges, but only new
hosts files. Is it really possible without disturbing the other services
(parent named, sendmail, etc...) who are using dns.

My apologizes for these trivial questions,  but after reading the bind
archives, i don't have th clear ideas...

Many thanks for your answer.

Denis

Denis Barbet

denis.barbet at cemagref.fr                 Cemagref de Lyon (France)
tel  : +33 (0) 4 72 20 87 60               Division Hydrologie Hydraulique

La reponse est oui, mais rappelez moi la question ?....