8.2.3 on AIX 4.3.3 named inoperative

mac Q metrismq at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 15:36:01 UTC 2001

got a problem here...
I've just managed to compile BIND 8.2.3 using AIX's C
compilers with gnu make version 3.79.  I was running
BIND 8.2.2, and copied all configuration files to new
8.2.3 server.

Issuing "startsrc -s named" starts the process and I
can see it running using ps -ef but it shows as
inoperative when I issue "lssrc -s named".  The server
will even answer queries to itself.

I have set the allow-query to "any" and also tried
removing the allow query statement from the
named.conf.  The server will not respond to any
queries except those coming from itself.  The odd
thing is that the server sees the queries coming in
from outside sources, it just doesn't respond.

Everything worked with BIND 8.2.2 and I have not
changed any configurations.

What am I missing or doing wrong???
Any help is appreciated...

Michael McQuarrie