BIND Upgrade.

Sikkandar Dulkarnai sikkandar at prime.net.sa
Thu May 3 10:38:38 UTC 2001

Dear Friends,

I am looking for the documentation on Upgrading my Bind version from 4.x to
9.1.1 and could not find any good documentations.

My current version has the following structure as you already aware :

/etc/reslov.conf tells primary & secondary DNS...
/etc/named.boot is the database with Reverse IP config ....
/var/named/domain.zone is the source file for SOA, NS, MX and CNAME record.
we have around 400 zone files under /var/named...

Since I have no idea about the latest version of BIND, I am afraid to
upgrade without any good documentation, if something goes wrong, I have to
answer those 400 clients. Does any one knows any URL, where I can find said
information ?.

Regards,

Sikkandar.