timezone keeps GMT

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed May 2 18:36:18 UTC 2001

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 02:16:12PM +0200, Paul Kuipers wrote:
> While looking through the logfiles of our dns i saw that the logging is
> done in GMT and not in the MET timezone were in. I can not find a
> parameter to correct this setting. Has anyone a clue how this can be
> done?
>
> Paul Kuipers
> paulks at nikhef.nl

Whatever way your host has of conveying the local time zone, your
invocation of 'named' does not have access to it.  Possible ways
historically have included an environment variable $TZ or a file
/etc/TIMEZONE from which it was set; these days it is typically the
timezone file, wherever your system keeps it.

OSIS/COSPO Computer Support					EMT-B