managing two diferent domain-names

david.tansley at acelondon.co.uk david.tansley at acelondon.co.uk
Tue May 1 15:39:57 UTC 2001

Hello,

I need to merge a zone file from another ( internal company wide ) DNS. I have
managed to transfer the zone, but the problem is they have a  different domain
name to ours.

I was thinking of creating another root entry in my named.conf file, but then I
would get errors because of the different domain-names.

What is the best way to manage these two zone, so all the hosts ( from both
domains) get resolved properly.

I was thinking of using the $ORIGIN command in my main zone file, but if I did
this
then ( I think), all their hostnames will be appended with out domain name and
not their domain name.

Any Ideas please.

D.T.