MX relay sites

Gary Kline kline at ns1.thought.org
Sun May 27 21:39:25 UTC 2001

  About a month ago I finally got  my DNS and mail working.   This list
  was great help in getting the last part of mail flowing.  A couple days
  ago my router had troubles that disconnected me from everything.  It
  took several emails from work plus phone calls before everything was
  resolved and I was back among the living... .    29 hours of disconnect.

  I expected to be dumped from mailing list and at least a few complaints
  about bunced mail.   But no; wherever it was cached, mail flooded back
  once the router was working again.

  At any rate, this brings up something I'm not clear about yet.  (I haven't
  read/studied enough yet, probably.)  If I have a second and third, to
  Nth mail relay sites and this site is down for a few days, will having
  these other MX machines store my mail until I'm back?   Also, are there
  any sites that are likely to do me this favor?

  thanks for any insights!

  gary

--
   Gary D. Kline    kline at thought.org  www.thought.org    Public service Unix