The disgusting and useless nslookup

Bob Vance bobvance at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat May 26 18:55:42 UTC 2001

>I want to know if a short hostname is being resolved properly,

That's the main reason that I use it -- in fact I always use the
vendor's copy so that things like nsswitch are accounted for.
The other reason that I use it is laziness -- I'd rather type
   ping bobv
than
   ping bobv.dyn.atl.sbm.com

:)

Tks        | <mailto:BVance at sbm.com>
BV         | <mailto:BobVance at alumni.caltech.edu>
Sr. Technical Consultant,  SBM, A Gates/Arrow Co.
Vox 770-623-3430           11455 Lakefield Dr.
Fax 770-623-3429           Duluth, GA 30097-1511