nsupdate question...

Popescu, Adrian Adrian.Popescu at comverse.com
Wed May 23 19:52:38 UTC 2001

Greetings,

Problem: I am trying to add a PTR record to the DNS db

Steps taken:
1. I added, using nsupdate, an A record in the DNS db
hostname.domain.com. 333 IN A IP-address

2. I tried to add a PTR record for, corresponding to the A record added at
step 1, using the following nsupdate command:
update add domain.com. 333 PTR reversed_IP_address.in-addr.arpa. <CR><CR>

The above nsupdate command does not produce the desired result.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

TIA,

Adrian Popescu

Comverse