scaling of DNS & mail servers

Nick Simicich njs at scifi.squawk.com
Fri Mar 30 23:49:21 UTC 2001

At 11:18 PM 3/30/2001 +0100, Brad Knowles wrote:
>At 1:44 PM -0500 3/30/01, Nick Simicich wrote:
>
>>  There is a long discussion of mail servers and scalability going on on the
>>  postfix users mailing list.  Effect of logging options, filesystem
changes,
>>  comparisons to qmail, etc.  Might be interesting to read the archives.
>>  http://www.postfix.org, I think.
>
>	These sorts of discussions have occurred in the past on the
>postfix-users mailing list (many of which I participated in), and are
>likely to have continued in my absence.  However, since it seems that
>I'm always repeating the same old things time after time, I have to
>wonder if anything new has been said (or heard) on this subject.

The only recent new stuff (I think, anyway) is performance comparisons of
reiserfs (Linux) vs. ext2.

Still, as new users come online, they have the same ropes to learn.
--
We will fight for bovine freedom, And hold our large heads high.
We will run free, with the buffalo or die! Cows with Guns.
Nick Simicich mailto:njs at scifi.squawk.com
http://scifi.squawk.com/njs.html -- Stop by and Light Up The World!