Bind 9.1.0 rc7

humberto humbe at ip.etecsa.cu
Fri Mar 30 21:17:03 UTC 2001

I trying to install the bind-9.1.1rc7, and I have several questions please tel
me if I install correct.

First I will tell you what I did.

1)I download the file to usr/local
2) descompress the file in this directory an appaer a new directory.
3) ./configure
4)make
5)make install //this commands no appear in the readme but I did it in the
second chance trying to install.
6) then I try to see wich named was runing
#named -v
bind8.2.2-p5
I decided to kill the process
ps -ef | grep named
kill -9 PID

copy the file named /usr/local/sbin to /usr/lsbin

./named
named -v
bind -9.1.1rc7

the new named begin to run..?
is ok in this way.

I dont have to copy the other files that appear in the /usr/local/sbin to
usr/sbin?
I tried to begin named with /etc/rc.d/init.d/named start and the console give
me an error.

Please is every is correct wich file I have to configure now?

thanks humberto