Is it Possible to Point to host/directory?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Mar 28 22:03:47 UTC 2001

No, browsers won't be looking up any part of the directory path in DNS (how
would you expect them to even know how many directory-path elements to
include in the lookup?).

Normally, you'd set up a bunch of names all pointing to the same IP address
(or use aliases) and then use Name-based Virtual Hosting in the web server to
point them to different directories.

- Kevin