NS record question

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Wed Mar 28 17:20:37 UTC 2001

% Even so, naive and beginning admins should be pointed at BIND9. This
% should save them from picking up the bad habits that BIND8 tolerates.

as should hardened cynical admins.

(amen brother!)

... that said, could we PLEASE have better error checking?  I -hate-
having named-checkzone tell me I have an error in line 24833 (the last
line of the zone file) when I've a single quote instead of a double quote
on a TXT RR field in line 457.  Talk about your time consuming
<search & destroy> analysis of the file in question to ID the offending
line.  BIND lint anyone?

--bill