Zone Transfer Problems

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Mar 28 13:50:44 UTC 2001

At 8:30 AM -0500 3/28/01, Smith, William E. (Bill), Jr. wrote:

>                                                  2 of our secondaries are
>  running 8.2.2 P5 and a third 8.2.3.  The problem server is one of the ones
>  running 8.2.2 P5.

	You should upgrade all the BIND 8 servers so that they are
running version BIND 8.2.3-REL.  Previous versions are insecure.  See
<http://www.securityfocus.com/templates/headline.html?id=10851> and
<http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/2302>.  Note that the latter is
dated January 29, 2001.

>                     Any ideas as to what could be going on or any suggestions
>  for troubleshooting this further.

	If you tell us the names of the zones in question and the
nameservers in question, and share us some segments of your logs
demonstrating the problem, we might have a chance of helping you
further.

	Otherwise, I can't imagine that a person who is deaf, mute, and
blind is going to make a particularly good neuromicrosurgeon.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */