NS record question

Bob Vance bobvance at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Mar 26 20:26:26 UTC 2001

>sigh,
Sorry to be a bother :|
But, I'm learning a lot -- which is why I'm on the list :)

>1) parent and child reside on same server AND

Of course, this *is* what we're discussing :)

>2) the set of slaves for both zones are identical AND

Hmm. I don't see why this matters -- I'll have to cogitate on it for a
while.

>3) your using bind-8, which can not differ apex and zone-cut records
AND

Ahh.
Yeah, I'm using BIND 8.2.3.
We're obviously getting into water that's way over my head, here :)
That would explain why the NS records showed up fine for me, vis-a-vis
BIND8, when they only appeared in the child zone file.  I didn't realize
that there had already been an issue of distinguishing the two types of
NS records that has been addressed in BIND9.

Is this issue discussed in the docs or is there a URL that has info on
this issue?

Tks        | <mailto:BVance at sbm.com>
BV         | <mailto:BobVance at alumni.caltech.edu>
Sr. Technical Consultant,  SBM, A Gates/Arrow Co.
Vox 770-623-3430           11455 Lakefield Dr.
Fax 770-623-3429           Duluth, GA 30097-1511