What is an AA record?

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Mon Mar 26 17:44:49 UTC 2001

%
% >>>>> "Bill" == Bill Manning <bmanning at ISI.EDU> writes:
%
%     Bill> Its a tough call.  I think I'm leaning toward the increased
%     Bill> complexity of A6.
%
% In what way, to kill them or keep them? I would have thought/hoped that
% the complexity of A6 would nudge you towards killing them off. If you
% consider the general lack of DNS clue in the world, A6 is a step too
% far. Just look at problems people have figuring out reverse delegation
% right now -- or even simple name server configuration for that matter.
%

I flip from day to day.  Some days, I'm happy w/ the existing facilities;
after all, we did make the DNS python eat a very large pig and its taking
years to digest all those features. Dumping some of them will get others
adopted sooner.

And then there are days like today. I'm all for killing off AAAA & DNAME
in favor of A6 & BitString. Rapid adoption of v6 be Dammed! If it were not
for lack of decent tools, I'd say we bolt on the side of the DNS the disclaimer:

	"No user serviceable parts inside"

--
--bill