Reverse DNS: Is it necessary?

Maximo Ramos maximo at violadores.org
Sun Mar 18 20:41:35 UTC 2001

Hi!!!

My ISP here in South Korea doesn't provide DNS reverse lookup. I tried
to contact the people in charge, but no luck.

here some info:

according to dig the person in charge is: dnsmaster at bora.net
I emailed that guy twice but no answer :(

fwhois 211.50.254.7 at whois.apnic.net shows another info :(
it shows hostmaster at apnic.net and hostmaster at nic.or.kr

fwhois 211.50.254.7 at whois.nic.or.kr even shows different info, but
I am not korean, and my system is not able to read korean.
The e-mail is cuestiong is ipadm at nic.bora.net

I would like to send to each of those guys an "official document" that
states how important is to have reverse dns lookup in hosts/clients.

is there any RFC for that? any links?

Thanks!!!!

PD. I haven't contact my ISP directly, I doubt they speak a word of
english.