Strange Transfer...?

Jamie P. Bontrager jamie at kctc.net
Fri Mar 16 16:48:25 UTC 2001

Hi All,

I have a odd thing going on here. I have a slave DNS server setup on an NT
box that transfers the zones very slowly when I enable security (allowing
TCP & UDP port 53 and others that I need). I can do a reload and watch the
zones update themselves very *slowly* - sometimes hours or even days. I also
noticed that the reverse lookup file doesn't refresh at all when I do a
reload. However...

When security is taken off (meaning no ports locked down), all files,
including zones and reverse files, refresh within seconds when I do a
"reload."

This is very strange.  Anyone have any thoughts/ideas...?

Thanks,
jAmIe

§ Jamie P. Bontrager
§ Internet & PCS Services