2 DNS for the same domain

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Mar 15 16:14:02 UTC 2001

No, you can't do this in BIND. You could make one the master and one a
slave, and have all of the entries in *both* zones. Or, you could define
the zone as master on both boxes, and use some out-of-band
(non-BIND) mechanism to replicate the data and resolve the inevitable
conflicts. Or, you could give each location a subzone.

- Kevin