Probelms with the Nameserver behind a firewall

Greg Chavez greg at capu.net
Wed Mar 14 17:44:28 UTC 2001

Suggestions:

o Allow TCP 53
o Make sure you're not running hide NAT on the box, that would just be
  darn silly
o If you're running static NAT, make sure it's working properly
o sniff your internal and external interfaces, and look for TCP or UDP
  port 53 packets - that is, see where and if the drops are occurring and
  go from there

--Greg Chavez