Root servers question

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Thu Mar 8 23:41:55 UTC 2001

	Why should you get a more "useful" response to
	"dig @a.root-servers.net example.com" as compared
	with "dig @a.root-servers.net example.com.au"?

	As it is now both anwers will be referrals to tld servers.
	It used to be that people looking up domains in the gtld
	got preferential treatment to the detrement of everybody
	else.  Now only those that are looking up domain under a
	gtld are penalised.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.