cname quick question

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Mar 7 22:57:42 UTC 2001

At 5:50 PM -0500 3/7/01, Erik Aronesty wrote:

>  No, most "folks would know that CNAMES cannot exist with other record types
>  and would understand that the MX record would be retrieved from the
>  canonical name.

	Then mail can't be sent to the aliased domain.  No, I suspect
that most people will not understand this issue -- if this is so very
confusing to people as are found on this mailing list, all of whom
should be at least somewhat knowledgeable with regards to the DNS, I
can't imagine how any kind of "typical" user could possibly
understand.